Sunday, January 18, 2015

Storybook Favorites


To begin, the first storybook that I chose was called Lions of Aesop. I chose this storybook for two reasons, the first being the subject matter that is covered and the second be the illustration of the lion that goes along with it. As far as the information covered, I believe that all the subjects covered (wisdom, strength, righteousness, and love) are a big part of life and so I enjoyed reading about them. The second storybook that I chose was called The Voyages of Sigurd the Volsung. This storybook was first chosen solely based on the graphic that was provided. As I was scrolling through the storybooks, the picture of the man and the beast caught my eye and led me to clicking on it. Upon further inspection I read the introduction and found that I will probably end up reading this in my free time, the adventurous story seem like something I could really get into. Plus, I am kind of into stories that have to do with sea voyage type scenarios; I find that they usually make for a pretty enjoyable read. My third choice was also solely based on visual appeal. The name of this storybook was Tale of the Traveling Cat. For whatever reason the picture of the cat wearing the sunglasses cracked me up. Upon reading the introduction, I found that the storybook took place in Austin, Texas. Being from Texas and also enjoying visiting Austin from time to time, this sparked my interest into making me think about trying to read it on and off when I have some free time just like the previous storybook. I typically am not a fan of reading, but during my time spent browsing the list of storybooks on Pinterest, I may very well find myself doing quite a bit of reading sometime here in the very near future.

(Grandfather Lion, openclipart)

No comments:

Post a Comment